Wednesday, May 28, 2008

HBS 1/2 Marathon and Closing Social

We had the HBS 1/2 Marathon a few weeks ago. This is one of my favorite events that the LDSSA does. I love the feel of the pavment under my feet and the rythum that my body gets into when I run. It feels so good the feel all of the stress just melt away. I was bummbed this year because I wasn't able to run on account of my shinsplints, I have never had shinspints before, but one of my girlfriends that is finishing up her Ph.D. in sports medicine said that because I have had two babies my body has shifted and my muscles need to become realigned. So insdead of running this year, I helped out with the goodies at the finish line and cheered everyone on. I plan on being there next year. I am actually running a 10K in a couple of weeks, so I will blog about that later.

We also had the LDSSA Closing Social. We had good food and great company. It was fun to see all of the MBA's, we were the only Ph.D's that came. It will be sad to see all of the second year's leave, because we have made some good friends. I guess that is the nature of education, though. The positive is that we will have friends all over the country so when we travel we will be able to see them.

0 comments: