Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Baby Turns 3!

I promised that I would post after we had Owen's Birthday Party, so here goes. Where do I start? We had 14 three year olds over to our house to celebrate Owen's coming of age. He wanted a Batman Party, so everything was batman except the cupcakes. Owen loves pink because he thinks that I am a princess and I like the color pink, so he wanted his cupcakes to be pink. An extremely sweet gesture coming from an amazingly adorable little boy. And yes, I did give birth to him.

Ok, back to the party. I had a whole plan for a Batman boot camp in our back yard. The weather was suppose to be 65 and sunny, but we got 40 and rainy, (go New England weather) so much for the weather man. We had to rethink our strategy a bit. I brought a bunch of toys down from the playroom and we played pin the bat sign on Batman. The kids didn't really get the concept of keeping the blind fold on, so pretty much everyone got it in the right place, which was a new take on the game. Jonathan had asked Owen what he wanted for his birthday and he said that the only thing he wanted was a Batman and Buzz Lightyear costume, so that is what we got him. He was completely beside himself with joy when he opened the box up. He stated that now he could be a real super hero and kill the bad guys. Do you have any idea how devastating it is to hear the word "kill" come out the mouth of your three year old. I have to keep telling myself that he is a sweet innocent boy that doesn't understand the real meaning of kill. He did look outrageously scrumptious in his little costumes. I couldn't stop laughing as he posed with the most manly look that he could muster. What a crack up he is. I asked him if he had a good party and he said: "yah, sure mom, it was great!". So there you have it all wrapped up in the words of Owen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little "O-Dawg" looks so darn cute in those costumes! I see so many similarities between him & Reagan. Man! We have such amazing gene's!
It was so great having you out here, we need to do that more often. Hopefully we will be able to do that more while we are in Michigan.

Love ya,
Bekah

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!! We can't wait to see you guys. We're coming out for Rachel's blessing. Should be fun!

Unknown said...

I think Owen makes the BEST Buzz and the BEST Batman!! He's getting so big!