Wednesday, May 28, 2008

11 Years Baby!

Time flies when you are having fun! It seems like yesterday that we were walking out of the Salt Lake Temple greeting all of our family and friends for the first time as Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan R. Clark, but the fact that Jonathan has been in school for 10 years and has a few more grey hairs and I have given birth to Isaac and Owen and have gained a few pounds keeps my mind from playing tricks on me.

Our wedding day was so perfect it was a beautiful April morning; the sky was Utah blue and the sun kept us nice and warm. I was with the man I loved and we finally belonged to one another. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

The best part is the fact that I love Jonathan more now than I did then. Oh, sure he has fallen off his trusty stead and his knightly armor has been tarnished a bit and I am not the perfect princess that he thought I was. But I prefer the rugged tarnished knight as appose to the shiny one, there is more wisdom and depth and love with the tarnish. Besides the real test is looking past our faults and failings and just loving ALL of the good that each of us posses. And Jonathan truly posses all that is good. He is my comfort, my strength, my lover and friend. He will always be my everything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. You made me cry! I am so happy for you both. It is so awesome being able to celebrate 11 years of marriage when it is not so common these days.

Hannah said...

This is where it all began for me and Mikey! Thanks guys!