This year we went to Tougas Family Farms to go apple picking. We normally go to HoneyPot Hills, but since we had such good luck with our blueberries and peaches we decided to try out the apples, and we were not disappointed. The boys wanted to pick eating apples instead of baking apples, so we headed over to the Honey Crisps. They were so big, some of them took both of my hands to hold them and those of you that know me know that I have big hands. The apples were
so good, crisp, juicy and sweet. Isaac did most of the picking and Owen of course did most of the eating. The boys ran around and in and out of the trees chasing each other and laughing the whole time. I love my boys, they are the best, some days I have to remind myself of that when the living room is a fort, the dinning room is a super hero's cave, the kitchen is the war zone, the bathroom is the hospital and the bedrooms have become the pirate ships, but one day they will be all grown up and gone, so I guess I should enjoy it. It was fun to watch them having such a good time.
The day was so beautiful, the air had the crisp fall feeling, but the sun was beating down to keep us warm. It was the perfect day. The best part was when we were on our way back to the country store for apple cider and donuts when Isaac turned around and there was blood dripping down his chin. At first I was baffled as to why he had blood on his face, he hadn't fallen or gotten hurt then I saw the big gap in between his teeth and realized that he had lost his first tooth. I told him not to swallow so he spit everything out in my hand and sure enough sticking out of the piece of apple was his little tooth. He was so proud of himself for not swallowing it and Owen was pretty excited because there was blood and wanted in on the action. The people around us congratulated Isaac on his success. It was a fun and eventful day.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Apple Picking!
Posted by Deborah Clark at 11:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment