I know, I know! this is late and that I haven't blogged about Owen's 4th birthday. I'll blog about Owen when we have his party. It seems that life has its own time frame and I tend to always be one step behind.
Easter was such a great Holiday this year. For me it was because we had General Conference the week before and I was still on a spiritual high from all of the amazing talks that were given.
We do all of the commercial Holiday stuff on Saturday, that way we can focus on the true meaning of Easter on Sunday, so our celebration started on a rainy Saturday morning. We took the boys over to Shaw's Super Market, for their Annual Easter Egg Hunt. They were so excited it was hard for them to contain themselves, but they tried really hard.
Owen's age group got to go first. There were about 5 little kids and over 300
eggs to be found!! Needless to say they all scored big time. Owen was so overwhelmed by all of the eggs that he found he kept saying: "mom, what am I going to do with all of these eggs?" "I am going to have so much candy my tummy will be hurt." Isaac was beside himself of course because he could see all of the eggs, so he ended up going on a walk around the store with Jonathan so that Owen could find the eggs by himself. He was a good little hunter. He kept saying "mom I am going to be a spy, like in my 'I SPY' game." He was a great little detective. In the end I think he found about 45 eggs.
Isaac's hunt started shortly after Owen's was finished. He was the only person there until the very last minute then 2 little girls showed up. I think that he was a bit bummed because he wa
nted to find both of the golden eggs so that he could give Owen one of the prizes. How sweet is that. He is always looking out for Owen, OK maybe not always, but most of the time. Isaac was like a mad man looking for the "Golden Eggs". He wanted to find one so badly. I mean really when you are a 6 year old little boy you can't be out smarted by a little girl. We had to keep telling him that even if he didn't find one of the golden eggs that he had some great treats and that hunting for the eggs was the real fun. But the poor kid got my one track mind and was not to be detoured from finding an egg. As to not keep you in suspense!!! This story does have a happy ending! He found one of the "Golden Eggs" behind a can of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes. It was well earned because it seemed like it took forever to find it. He also found about 75 other eggs full of candy. After pictures with the "Golden Egg" he was off to choose his prize. He chose the "Incredibles" DVD so that he and Owen could both share it. But we were not to be confused that this was his very own DVD and he could watch it whenever he wanted to and he didn't have to ask. Yeah, right like that was ever going to happen, poor little tyke his heart was crushed when we told him that no matter who's DVD it is mommy and daddy own the DVD player and t.v. so he always has to ask before he can watch it. Ahh, the days of independence are ever drawing near.
After the Hunt, Isaac had a Master's Piano Class. I will blog about that later, but while we were gone the "Easter Bunny" came and dr
opped off their Easter
Baskets. When we got home they were beside themselves with joy to see the candy and games that they got and then to our suprise there was a box at the door from Nana and Papa filled with stuffed animals and a few little treats. (Thank You Nana and Papa, we know how busy you are and we appreciate all of the time and love that went into the gift box!!) Don't worry I didn't let them eat ALL of the candy that they had obtained. I took pretty much all of the candy from the hunt and bagged it in little cute flower bags for my nursery kids at church. It was awesome I love killing two birds with one stone. I got rid of a ton of candy and made my little munchkins happy at church.
Sunday was a good day. We woke up and made a wonderfully yummy breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon and orange juice, then we got ready for church. Jonathan and I sang in the Easter Program. The songs that Teresa (choir director) chose were very much inspired. I think that a lot of us needed to hear the message that they spoke. It was quite powerful and we received quite a few compliments. The boys did a great job sitting in the pews. I looked over a couple of times and saw them conducting us. It was quite funny. After church we had dinner over at Andrew and Rebekah's house. Which was so yummy. We all brought something to share. Our contribution was Sweet Corn Bread, Creamy Mushroom Rice, Granny B's Sugar Cookies, and Homemade Almond Marshmallows Dipped in Milk Chocolate Gnash. (I am never going to get this last 15 pounds off of me!!) It was fun to hang out with family and enjoy the holiday. I love to celebrate Christ centered holidays, sometimes it is hard to keep Christ centered in the day to day of everything, so it is wonderful to have the holiday to bring him back to the center of daily life. We hope that you all had a beautiful and peaceful Easter Holiday.



0 comments:
Post a Comment