Friday, February 27, 2009

So Much for Knocking on Wood!!


A few weeks ago I was talking with one of my girlfriends about the fact that boys tend to play hard with their wrestling, karate stunts, jumping off of high places and anything else they try to experiment with. I also commented on how I was surprised that Isaac and Owen hadn't had any broken bones from all of their stunts. I even knocked on wood as not to jinx myself. A lot of good that did me because a couple of weeks later I hear a deadly cry coming from Owen and sure enough he and Isaac had managed to break his foot on the side of the couch in the living room. The poor little guy was so sad and in a lot of pain. He was a real trooper while getting his cast on. Everything was new and he was a bit nervous about what the Dr. was doing to his foot and leg, but he kept a stiff upper lip through the whole ordeal. The best part for him was when he got to see his bones in his x-ray. Later that night we all decorated and signed his cast. It made a long day a bit more happy! :)

4 comments:

Hannah said...

oh, sad! I remeber when I broke my foot simply by sitting under a poorly positioned T.V. doing homework. Serves me right I guess. It would've been way cooler to have broken it by wrestling or something. Give the little guy a hug from us.

Sue Clark said...

Hey Owen Boy! Cute cast! Is it still with you?
Love you Much!

Anonymous said...

Poor little O-Dawg! I personally haven't had a broken bone, but I still sympathize with the little guy, I am sure it wasn't a pleasant experience to have a bone broken! At least he got a rockin' cast! :)

Anonymous said...

so sad! I cannot believe that we haven't had more casts around here - actually none. But we have had our share of stitches. Glad he is doing well and maybe the boys will both be more cautious. If they are like mine though they will be right back doing the same crazy stunts as soon as they are able.