Wednesday, July 29, 2009

. . . . . and the REST of April!

Life has been a bit crazy and hectic over the last few months, hence very little writing has been going on. Things have settled down a bit, knock on wood, so I thought I would get caught up as much as I can, starting with the rest of April.

Spring Break: We had been looking forward to Spring Break for quite a long time. Well at least it seemed that way. When you have experienced a New England Winter you will understand what I mean. Jonathan and the boys had been counting down the days, hours and minutes until the Red Sox were back in business, so we got some tickets and went to the game. It started out great. Isaac, Owen and I jumped on the T for a fun ride down to Fenway. We met up with Jonathan and headed over to the park. It felt so good to be back. I love Fenway Park! The smell of the freshly cut grass, the sound of the ball when it cracks against the bat for a home run. The roasted peanuts, sweet candy floss, Richie's Italian Slush and who can forget the Fenway Frank! We had just settled in when the heavens opened up and dumped tons of rain on us. After 1 1/2 hours of waiting the game was called, so we sloshed our way back to the T and went home. The good news is is that they rescheduled for the following afternoon. We had good luck this time just as the 7th inning was coming to a close the clouds started rolling in again. We headed out to miss the traffic and we missed the second down pour. The boys didn't mind much because we were headed to Cocoa Beach Water Resort. It is an indoor water park. We had heard good things about it so we thought that we would give it a try. We had a great time. The boys loved it and so did Jonathan and I. We played on the water slides, floated in the lazy river and relaxed in the hot tub. The best part was after a long hard day of running up and sliding down water slides we got to go up stairs to a nice warm comfortable bed and watch a movie. We wanted to stay longer, but we all have to come back to reality sooner or later.

Butler Elementary Art Show: Every year the PTA sponsors an Art Show for the students to display their creative side. This year was no exception. The kids did such a good job. It was great to see so many different types of art as well as interpretations. Isaac worked really hard on his water color piece and his sculpture. His class talked quite a bit about themselves this year, talking about their likes and dislikes. The differences in their skin color, eye color and hair color. As a result Isaac decided to do a self portrait. I thought that he did a pretty good job. He was a bit upset at the way the mouth turned out on the painting, but that was my fault because I didn't have any paint brushes that were fine enough to make his smile. The poor kid had to use a big bulky brush. Other than that he had a good time creating. After we finished up looking at every ones art, it was craft time. The boys had fun at each of the tables. Owen keeps asking when he gets to go to school and do everything that Isaac gets to do. I just keep telling him soon Owie, soon.

Piano: Isaac started taking piano this last Fall from our good friend Ryan Murphy. I was so excited when Ryan had an opening because I knew what an amazing teacher he is and I wanted Isaac to have a positive experience learning the piano. Isaac has ALWAYS loved music. Even when he was in my tummy, when I would sing to him, he would poke his little fist into my side to let me know he liked it. I believe that there are people who hear music and those that feel it. I love to watch him listen to music because Isaac is a feeler. His body can't sit still when music is being played. Now for the SAD news. Ryan dropped the two sided bomb on us. He had gotten a job as the Assistant Director for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (amazing, great and wonderful news. I was soooo happy for him) and they were moving to Utah (sad, troubling and depressing news. I dislike having good friends move away and I have to find a new piano teacher for Isaac.) Isaac was sad too because he loved learning from him. I guess the good news is that we can see him on T.V. at least two times a year.
Jonathan and I also celebrated our 12th Anniversary in April. Neither of us can remember what we did, we can't claim that we got drunk and don't remember, so I guess we just have to own up to the fact that we are getting older. Maybe we went to dinner?! How depressing is that. Maybe once the Ph.D. is over we will get our brains back. Here's to hopen'.

0 comments: