Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Babe!

What type of birthday party does every man in their 30ies want? A Lego Party of course!! Yes, I threw Jonathan a Surprise Lego Birthday Party, and I kept it a surprise, he had no idea. That was an accomplishment in and of itself for me. I don't think that I have ever kept anything from Jonathan for so long. It almost killed me to keep quiet about it.


I invited a few of his friends over to put together the Lego Mindstorm Robot. Isaac and Owen helped out a bit too until they realized that I had a huge pile of Lego's that they could make whatever they wanted. Lunch consisted of a 2 foot long sandwich that I whipped up, chips, and non other than fruit punch. My favorite was the cake. I thought that they turned out really cute. I know all of you manly men are thinking "cute" why would any man want a cute cake?? Well, that is a good question that I don't have an answer too, except that I don't think most men really care what the cake looks like, but more how it tastes. This one tasted pretty darn good. Homemade chocolate cake from scratch with homemade cream cheese frosting. Yummy, yummy good.

After the robot was mostly put together, we invited over the rest of the families for cake, good conversation and a test run demo of the Mindstorm. It was pretty cool watching the robot follow the commands. The best part was watching the kids react to the robot. I thought Isaac was going to jump out of his skin he was so excited. I wish I had a video of him trying to "YELL" the commands to the robot. At first he thought that he could just tell the robot what to do, but we had to explain to him that we had to program the robot with my computer. Children's minds are an amazing trip. The day turned out to be a success. Jonathan was surprised and everyone had a good time hanging out and enjoying each others company.

Happy Birthday Babe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a great wife! What a party. I must say your cakes turned out exceptionally cute!

Sue Clark said...

Happy Birthday Jon! What a wife!!

She does good things for her family! And Deb, I've tasted your from scratch chocolate cake and I say Yummmmmm! By the way Happy Birthday to you too!

Jared said...

Some of these guys look familiar...

I thought it was a grand time.