Monday, November 10, 2008

Crimson Kids Halloween Party!

I think that I am the only person in the Blogging World that has not yet posted about Halloween, so here goes. We started off our Halloween celebrations by going to "The Crimson Kids Halloween Party" at HBS. It couldn't have been more fun for the boys. Most of you know that I am helping my sister-in-law out with her kids during the week, so I packed up an IRON MAN, an Incredible Hulk, a Clone Wars Storm Trooper, a Fuzzy Tree Frog and a Peapod. Lets just say I had my hands full with some very excited boys. When we arrived, we had pizza, fruit and veggies for dinner. Then it was off to painting pumpkins, fishing for prizes, playing super hero's out in the court yard, getting our pictures taken and visiting Daddy's/Uncle Johnny's office to see if he needed any protecting from the evil education wizard. It was quite the SUGAR High, but lots of fun.





On Halloween we headed up to Beacon Hill to do our Trick-or-treating. The boys were very excited because they got to ride on the T. We met Jonathan there, while we waited for him, I took a couple of pictures of the boys which I think turned out pretty funny. After we met up with Jonathan we decided to have dinner at Upper Crust for some most delicious pizza. We ran into the same couple that was dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible last year. I couldn't miss the opportunity to take a group picture again. Owen decided that he was going to be shy and not be in the picture. After a quick "Hey, How's it going", we made a date to meet again next year. It will be fun to see if we actually do run into them again. I am not sure that I would recognize them with out their masks on. Any how, we ended up at the Upper Crust and had some very delicious pizza, then we were on our way to meet up with the hoards of people that were out enjoying the ghoulish night air. The decorations were fun to see and we even ran into Sen. Kerry. He tends to only show up on election years. The other three years he had his assistant sit out on the steps and hand out the candy. No, he didn't have big candy bars like some people think he should, this year the spread was the little square packets of skittles. I have had quite a few people say: "You would think that the man could spring for some substantial sized candy with the amount of $$$ he has." I personally don't care one way or the other what size candy he chooses to give out, but I tend not to be too surprised by this actions seeings how during his race for the Senate he bagged on his components for the lack of charitable contributions they gave and when his financials were run he hadn't given one cent to any charity. What a guy!! But I digress, after our journey through the streets of Beacon Hill the boys' bags began to drag and Owen began his melt down, so we headed back to the warmth and comfort of our home.

4 comments:

Andrea Holley said...

I wish we could have been there!

Anonymous said...

Wrong, I still haven't blogged about Halloween, but that is just because the Reagster wasn't really feeling that well so we just handed out candy at home. For the first time in like 6 years we had trick or treaters! Maybe Reagan will be more up to Halloween next year, who knows?!

Hannah said...

Yeah, I still haven't posted my Halloween pics either. Cute super hero/storm trooper/tree frog gang you got there.

Jen and Ryan Murphy said...

Hey guys! I got linked to your blog through the Castletons! Love the pics! Come see our blog...I just posted a hilarious pop parody from YouTube we saw a long time ago from Mad TV:)