Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend!

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend. We started out at Jonathan's sisters house with fried turkey (Louisiana style), smashed potatoes, warm gravy, candied yams, green bean casserole, corn bread stuffing, tossed green salad, warm rolls from the oven, jell-0 salad, cherry pie, pumpkin pie, peach pie and apple pie. The food was delish and the company was fun.

Later that evening we left on our adventure to explore down town Boston with the boys. Jonathan booked us two nights at the Sheraton. We arrived in our room and it wasn't 30 seconds before the Tasmanian devils appeared. Clothes went flying all over and yells for swimming trunks came from my two little cyclones. Five minutes later they were out the door and on their way to the pool with daddy. I myself stayed behind for a little R&R since I did a lot of the baking for our Thanksgiving dinner. The next morning we headed out for some nutritious breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, then we hopped on the train to take the boys to the 3D version of BOLT. I wasn't too sure what I was going to think of it, but it turned out to be such a cute movie and the boys really enjoyed it. After the movie we decided to take a stab at ice skating on Frog Pond. Isaac was in heaven, it took him a few minutes to become stable, but once he did, he was flying all around we even had a race. Owen on the other hand preferred to have daddy hold onto him and drag him around in circles. He was a trooper. Maybe next year he will be more interested. For Jonathan it brought back all of his childhood memories of playing peewee hockey. As for me, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't fall and break anything. Once everyone had had their fill of the ice we headed back to the hotel to get warm in the hot tub, which is Owen's favorite place to be. I think I got him into the pool a total of 12 minutes. He is a lot like me that way. I love hot tubs and hot showers, even though they are bad for your skin. On the other hand Isaac had a great time swimming and jumping in the pool. I snapped this great picture of him in mid air. For dinner we headed out to the Cheese Cake Factory so that Jonathan could indulge in his favorite "Strawberry Cheese Cake". We tired the boys out so much that Owen fell asleep in my lap while eating his pizza. What a kid. The next morning we once again headed to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. Can you tell that the boys were in charge of picking what they wanted. The joy of vacation!! When we were finished we decided that we couldn't leave with out getting a stuffed Lobster and Lobster shaped lollies for each of the boys. We took the train and bus home. It was great to have no worries or cares and just have fun with the boys.

When we arrived home we weren't finished yet. We jumped into the car and headed out to go "Christmas Tree Shopping". We drove over to Lexington to Four Season's. They always have really good trees for not a ton of $$$$. It took us 10 minutes to pick out the tree. It was amazing, we walked in and down one row. I turned and saw it leaning up against a line of trees. I walked over, stood it up and that was that. We put it on our cart and began the ceremonial journey to the cashier, chain saw, twine bin, and finally the top of our car. It was a glorious journey. And a wonderful family weekend.

3 comments:

Jen and Ryan Murphy said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! We miss Brian's Cajun Fried Turkey. YUMMY!

What a great idea to for a getaway so close to home. Hailey's been dying to try ice skating. We'll have to head over the Frog Pond!

Love the pics!

Sue Clark said...

Wow what fun....I want to by your kid!

Hannah said...

Well, way to lay on the guilt-trip!!! :) Just kidding. I'm sorry I've been neglecting you, but I promise, it's not on purpose. Mike and I have just been figuring out what we're going to do with ourselves the last couple of months.
I'm working feverishly to complete this final manuscript and I feel with every fiber of my being ;) that this is the one! So, when I finish it (hopefully in May) I will be glad to let you read it and hear what you think of the whole story. You will, of course have to forget everything I read to you in August since it is very different now, but I don't think that will be too hard since I only read you guys a few chapters. I will let you know when I'm done though.
It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun over the holidays. After reading Bekah's blog I feel like I was actually there ;). We missed you guys too! I love you.