Thursday, June 5, 2008

Relaxation in Phoenix!

I flew out to Sunny Phoenix a few weeks back. It was a very fun, relaxing and eventful trip. I actually killed three birds with one stone. I was able to meet my new nephew Reagan for the first time. He is such an adorable little tike. We got to have some real bonding time while Bekah and Scott had some alone time. I have convinced him that I am the coolest and most favorite Auntie. He agreed whole heartedly because I wouldn't give him his bottle until he did agree. I know I can be mean, but very persuasive. No really, I just showered him with kisses and that reeled him right in. He really is a very sweet boy and loves to snuggle the way my boys do. You did done real good Bekah and Scott. Also thanks for introducing me to "Guitar Hero". I am now "Pink Ranger, Rock Princess". I have Owen to thank for the name. Every time I play Super Hero's with he and Isaac I am the Pink Ranger Princess, so hence the name "Pink Ranger, Rock Princess". I even have a t-shirt, it is pretty awesome!


The second bird I killed was watching my stepbrother Greg get married to his fiancee. He looked very handsome and she looked really beautiful. They were so happy, a bit nervous, but very happy. It made me think about when Jonathan and I got married. We were both very calm and ready to be together, but I was also worried about weather or not Jonathan would really want to stay with me forever. I guess the glue they used at our ceremony was pretty good, because we are still together and we love each other more now than then. I also got to meet the rest of my step siblings which was so much fun. They are awesome people. I just wish we could have had more time to visit. Greg was the last of the bunch to get married so I guess we will have to make up reasons to get together. Congratulations Greg and Kristen.

The third bird I killed was getting some rest and relaxation since Jonathan will be traveling this summer to do research for his dissertation. Also to give the boys some time with their dad. They have missed him so much lately because he has been studying for his General exam which will be over in the next two weeks. Monday he has his "written part", Tuesday he has his "take home part" and next Monday he has his "oral part" of the exam. I have to say that Jonathan is truly my HERO! The man is a machine. He just keeps going and going. Every time he gets shot down he gets back up and goes. The Ph.D programs at Harvard are like firing squads, they blast you with so much force that you are not sure if you can get back up, it is brutal, but if you can clean and patch your wounds and let them heal. You emerge on the top of your field. I guess that is how the "Best Minds" are born and Jonathan has an amazing mind and perspective. It will be nice to have the General Exam over so we can move on to the next mountain in the Doctoral world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Greg got married. That's great! Sounds like you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I like your pictures (wink wink!) :) We had such a fun time with you here! Reagan can't stop cooing about you. It is really getting annoying! :):)

Love ya!

Christine said...

Hello From Texas!

Life has been so busy with end-of-year school parties, etc. I have completely ignored my Blog. I apologize for this late response. We so enjoyed meeting you and your Sister. I hope that we can reunite again soon! I look forward to becoming better acquinted through the blog world.

Bart and Kaylyn's blog address:
givinginblogger.wordpress.com

Take good Care,
Christine