Friday, August 22, 2008

The Tanner Sybling Reunion!

Jonathan and I headed out with the boys on Monday morning of the 4th, and after arriving at the air port and being told that our flight was canceled due to the fact that our pilot didn't show up for work, any guesses why?, then being booked on a new flight for later that afternoon and re arriving at the air port then being told that our flight was delayed for about 3 hours because of a part that needed to be flown in from NYC that could have been done the day before because that is when they found out it needed to be replaced, then being booked on another flight, we finally arrived in Las Vegas 23 hours from the time we started our trip. To reward the boys for being such AMAZING troopers we booked a night at the Excalibur. The boys thought that it was pretty cool that we got to sleep in a castle. The room was pretty nice and we had a rockn' buffet breakfast the next morning. Any of you who know Jonathan know that he has a passion for the "Buffet". After breakfast we took the boys out to the small water park that they had at the hotel. Isaac had a great time on the water slide and Owen loved the "Hot Pool". I took Owen up to the water slide kicking and screaming and made him come down with me. When we made it to the bottom he was yelling "I did it mommy, I did it. Let's go again". He is such a crack up. After we had our fill of water sports we packed up the car and headed up to St. George to the condo. We had two days to ourselves before everyone started heading in for the reunion. I'll give you one guess as to what Jonathan did, yup he golfed and we took the boys to the driving range. I bought them golfing gloves. They were so cute I could have gobbled them up. We also spent a good amount of time in the pool. It was so relaxing! A much needed break for both of us. I fear that I was a bit more relaxed because Jonathan was still fine tuning his notes for his paper that he had to present in CA. So, on Wednesday everyone started rolling in. . . .

Ok, so our reunion ROCKED! We didn't camp like everyone else did because it would have been quite the interesting task to get all of our camping gear on the air plane, so we opted for the "pansy" out which was sleep at the posh family condo with AC, kitchen, soft beds, electricity, hot water and pool. We did have some company after a night or two, so I guess we weren't too pansy. It was great we went hiking, swimming, had some good laughs, more swimming, good food, more laughs, more swimming and then there was the Talent Show. Hannah and Eve thought that it would be good to have everyone tell a little bit about what we have all been doing over the years to get reacquainted since we haven't seen each other in so long. It was fun, we learned about new talents that we have acquired over the years, but the best was when Mike, Scott and Jonathan got a jiggn'. Here is a link to my sisters blog http://www.theshakespearskinny.blogspot.com/ once you watch this video you will never be the same again. On Friday Jonathan left to go to California for the Academy of Management Conference where he presented his paper on "Organizational Scope and the Returns to Focused Experience: Evidence of Complementarity from the Hospital Industry". Yah, long title and long paper. I was told that he did a good job, I just wish that I could have been there to watch him. But I was in St. George with the boys having a blast and living it up in the pool and relaxing. The boys and I flew home without a hitch. it was a great vacation.

0 comments: