Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!?

Where do I begin with the month of November. It was just one crazy episode after another. It started out with me slicing into my middle finger at work and having to spend the rest of the evening in the ER waiting to get stitched up, then there was my birthday which I spent 8 hours of it singing with my a ccapella group the "She-E-O's", then Owen was diagnosed with phenomena and had to take antibiotics as well as use a nebulizer, (which he hated and kicked and screamed the whole time) and all of this is happening while I am trying to make 750 wedding announcements for my brother and his fiance and planning the meals and shopping list for 10 people for Thanksgiving.

Ahh, now that brings us to Thanksgiving. Our friends the Baird's were kind enough to let us borrow there house on Loon Mountain up in New Hampshire, and how do we repay them, you ask? By blowing up their stove while making Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, you read right, I had everything made except the mashed potatoes and gravy. The ham and stuffing were warming in the oven when a huge pop and a giant flash flew out from behind the stove and that was the end of that. Dinner was quite good despite the loss. (I made my first real Turkey) I am sure she will be missed, she was an old, but rare beauty, may she rest in peace. After dinner, Andrew & Rebekah, Alex, Janea and the girls, Jonathan and the boys and I joined in on a family talent show. What a great time that was, we saw sides of us we never knew we had!! Janea got it on film so we have it for posterity. The best part of the vacation was no one really wanted to get dressed and made up so we all stayed in our pajamas the whole time. (hence, no pictures). Everyone left on Friday, but we stayed until Saturday. It was fun to just hang out with ourselves for a day. We took the boys on the Hobo Railroad and got to see Santa Clause. Owen was so proud of himself for not being scared of the over weight, white bearded man and Isaac got to give Santa his list in person. What more could you ask for?!

0 comments: