Finally, I have a minute to take a deep breath and finish up the year.
September brought with it the FIRST DAY of SCHOOL. Isaac started 2nd grade with Mrs. Filippi as his teacher. I love it when I pick him up from school, he always has some kind of exciting news of what he learned or the latest news on the play ground. He loves to learn and invent things.
Owen began his first d
ay of Pre-School with Mrs. Stupaukious as his teacher. He was pretty shy when I dropped him off and wasn't sure if he wanted to stay, which is shocking because he has spent the last three years of his life wanting to go to "Isaac's School". He soon got over his ordeal when he met Henry and Owen Thomas. Isaac is good friends with their older brother Will. When I picked Owen up from school, I asked him how his day was, he said; "It was good mom, I met two good pals." and that was that.
This year I was determined to have our family pictures taken before December, so with that dete
rmination we made our way over to HBS Campus to take our pictures. The boys were really good of course because we bribed them with treats. I tried to make it as painless as possible for them, after only 20 minutes of smiling they we
re "free" as they would put it. It was fun to just hang out and run around and have fun. We took them into Baker Library because they wanted to see Papa's painting that is hanging in the entrance. While we were there, Jonathan took them into see one of the class rooms where he will defend his dissertation when it is finished. Isaac and Owen were pretty impressed with the electronics that he gets to play with. I will be impressed when I get to sit in that class room to hear Jonathan defend his dissertation!!
August was a fun month. We finished up summer with a relaxing bang. I had heard of this cute little flower farm from one of my sweet friends, she had taken her ki
ddos there and they had such a good time I wanted to take the boys. My co
usin Scott and his wife Kim had just moved out from Denver, so Kim and I loaded up the boys and her adorable little Gwen and headed out to Small Farms for some amazing color! I wasn't sure what to expect, but the lady that ran the farm was so sweet and helpful. We outfitted ourselves with our plastic containers, water and scissors. The boys were pretty excited, I had to stop them from cutting every flower they saw. They weren't very happy about that, because Owen "wanted to build a beautiful bouquet" and Isaac "had never seen so many beautiful colors in one place before". Kim and Gwen walked around with us and put up with all the craziness of Isaac and Owen when they are put together. "Thanks Kim, I salute you"!! In the end everyone was happy and it turned out to be a fun outing. I love New England!
Later that month we made our way out to Tougas Family Farm for some of their most awesome Blueberries. Our outing was pretty much routine. Isaac works really hard to pick as many blueberries that he can so he can say that he has beaten everyone and that he is the Master Blueberry Picker, Owen eats pretty much every blueberry that
he pi
cks and then ends up with a tummy ache. Then Isaac tries to tell Owen that if he didn't eat so many then his stomach wouldn't get so sad. Owen then gets mad at Isaac for trying to tell him what to do and they start hitting each other until Mom or Dad pull them apart and tell them that if they don't stop they won't get any Blueberry Donuts and Apple Cider!! They soon become the best buddies that they started out as and all is well in the Clark Clan. I am positive that obedience for boys only comes through the offering of sweet treats!! :)
We also had our Annual Church Clam Bake. This year we brought our Aussie friends the St
anwix's. They were here for three years from Perth, Australia, Paul was doi
ng a fellowship through Harvard. Kath and I are like two peas in a pod. Jonathan and Paul get nervous when we start talking about crafting because who knows what will end up happening and how much $$ it will end up costing. The food was yummy as usual. Paul and Jonathan had Lobster, which was fun to watch, the kids had a good time watching them take the pincers off. The weather was nice except for the wind, it was crazy blowing all over the place. I thought I was going to have to anchor the boys so they wouldn't blow away. The kids had a fun time playing in the water and sand and we had a good time relaxing and chatting away.
This year I was determined to have our family pictures taken before December, so with that dete
rmination we made our way over to HBS Campus to take our pictures. The boys were really good of course because we bribed them with treats. I tried to make it as painless as possible for them, after only 20 minutes of smiling they we
re "free" as they would put it. It was fun to just hang out and run around and have fun. We took them into Baker Library because they wanted to see Papa's painting that is hanging in the entrance. While we were there, Jonathan took them into see one of the class rooms where he will defend his dissertation when it is finished. Isaac and Owen were pretty impressed with the electronics that he gets to play with. I will be impressed when I get to sit in that class room to hear Jonathan defend his dissertation!! Who can forget about Halloween!! The only day that it is ok for our children to go around begging strangers for ridiculous amounts of sugar. Every year we have taken the boys up to Beacon Hill to do our begging of legal stimulants. Last year you might recall that we got to see Senator John Ke
rry, mostly due to the fact that it was an election year. I am happy to say that we were not disappointed this year either because we got to see his wife Teresa Heinz-Kerry. We have her family to thank for the wonderful goodness of Heinz Ketchup. I don't know that I would like french fries or tater-tots quite as much if I didn't have the yummy goodness of ketchup to compliment them. After taking in all of the fun decorations we made our way down to Upper Crust Pizza where it took over 90 minutes to get our pizzas. I don't believe that we have ever had to wait quite so long for a pizza. It ended up tasting even better because we were pretty much starving when we got it, but the real bummer was that because it took so long, we got home too late to have Spud nuts at the Anderson's home. We left vowing that next year we will have dinner first and then take in the sites.



0 comments:
Post a Comment