Friday, May 25, 2007

From January to June

Ok, so I am going to try and redeem myself from being a slacker in the blogging world. I thought I could do that by making up for lost time the last 5 1/2 months. January was a good month. We spent the new year up in Vermont with our good friends. The boys had a blast sledding in the snow, since we had none here in Boston. It was a pretty warm month. After the new year we started back into the daily grind of school, school and more school.


February was pretty low key. The high light was Owen's first hair cut. He started out with all of these whispy baby hairs and when I was finished he looked like my little toddler. I was full of mixed emotions that I didn't expect to have. I was faced with the fact that I didn't have a baby anymore. Owen had a great time through, he sat really still, well that is for a 22 month old. When I finished cutting and brushing his hair, he stood up on the chair and proclaimed "I am a big boy now"!. It was a liberating moment for him.


March was a stressful month due to mid-terms for Jonathan. He pretty much ate, drank and slept school and we didn't see him much. It was nice to have them over and to have Spring Break. We flew out to Utah for my brother Will's home coming. He was coming home after being in Taiwan for two years. It was fun to see him and see all of my sisters. We also drove up to Idaho to spend a couple of days with Jonathan's parents. The boys had a great time and Isaac made a new friend with one of our old friends children. It was great to see everyone, but it was also nice to be home and back into a routine.


April brought with it two celebrations. Jonathan and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. He gave me the most beautiful bouquet of roses. And we celebrated Owen's 2nd birthday, "CARS" style. I made a black and white checkered flag cake and we made cars out of cardboard boxes. We had 12 toddlers running around every where and of course it was organized chaos. Owen had a great time which is all that matters. We also celebrated Easter and started to see a bit of sun poking its face out of the clouds.



This month was pretty busy. My cousin and his new wife came out to stay with us for a few days while he was attending a medical conference. Yes, I proudly say that there is a Doctor in the family. :) It was fun to get to know Scott and Kim. I hadn't seen Scott in over 15 years I think it was more like 18. Wow that is a long time. The following weekend we celebrated Isaac's 5th birthday. His theme was "Jedi Boot Camp". We had 14 little boys running around light saber fighting with swords made out of balloons. Yoda was the center of the party since that is who Isaac wanted to be. It was quite the time. I ran in the 2nd annual HBS Partners 1/2 marathon. They gave us the option to run the 1/2 or 1/2 of the 1/2. I thought it best to run 1/2 of the 1/2 so that I would make it back alive, since I hadn't ran that far since high school. Surprisingly I enjoyed it. I was all by myself running along the Charles River. It felt good to be back in my zone and rhythm. The best part was when I got to the end and Jonathan and the boys were there to cheer me on. I was happy to see their faces. I hope to run the whole thing next year. We also planted our garden. The boys are pretty excited about it. We planted cucumbers, watermelon, summer squash, zucchini squash, pumpkins, corn, beans, snap peas, tomatoes and green onions. Our strawberry patch looks promising this year and we are hoping that the blueberry bushes produce in the next year or so. I can't wait to start eating it. Well, now you are pretty much caught up. I promise to do better in the future.

1 comments:

Sue Clark said...

The pictures are awesome! Thank you So Much!